MUSICIAN / COMPOSER / PRODUCER
- 16 and 17 June 2022: United-C, Parktheater Eindhoven (NL): Reshuffle The Deck
- 29 and 30 June 2022: Festival de Marseille (FR): Body Body
- 2 July 2022: Festival Tweetakt (NL): Do the Calimero
- 6 August 2022: Theater aan Zee, Oostende (BE): Body Body
- 19 and 20 August 2022: Mladi Levi International Festival Ljubljana (Slovenia): Body Body
- 26 and 27 August 2022: Festival Noorderzon, Groningen (NL): Body Body
- 9 September 2022: Apollo-Theater Siegen (DE): : Do the Calimero
- 3 November 2022: CC De Werft, Geel (BE): Body Body
- 17 and 18th of November: Festival Next, Grand Bleu, Lille (FR): : Do the Calimero
Dag Taeldeman (1968) is a Belgian composer and musician. He studied composition and guitar at the Jazz Studio in Antwerp, and was taught by names such as Pierre van Dormael and David Crane.
Dag composes music for his own bands, theatre and film. Currently he’s touring with his own project Body Body (a dance performance composed together with Andrew van Ostade) and Do The Calimero, a performance by Lies Pauwels.
He also works as a producer, engineering and recording different bands.
Dag studies composition and guitar at the Jazz Studio in Antwerp. After graduating, he joined multiple bands such as Pitti Polak and many others. In 2002, he founded the band A Brand with whom he recorded five studio albums and toured all over Europe, the US and Canada. He played on many festivals such as Rock Werchter, Eurosonic, Lowlands and South By Southwest.
For the past 25 years, Dag Taeldeman has been writing music for several theatre pieces and films.
For Troubleyn/Jan Fabre, Dag Taeldeman composed for As Long as the World Needs a Warrior’s Soul (2001), Je Suis Sang (2002), Orgy of Tolerance (2008), Prometheus Landscape II (2010) and The Generosity of Dorcas (2018). In 2015, he wrote the music for the 24-hour performance Mount Olympus. To Glorify the Cult of Tragedy. A 24-hour performance and released this music on Butler Records.
He worked for various theatre venues such as Toneelhuis, Companie Cecilia (‘CHET’), Deep Bridge (‘Meiskes en Jongens’) and composed music for movies such as ‘Mild und Leise’ and ‘Circle of Life’ by Lieve Blancquaert.
Currently Dag is working on the creation of two new projects: ‘Bodybodybodybody’ with Andrew Van Ostade and ‘Flordali‘. He composes the music for the film Crossing (Jacqueline Van Vugt). In 2022 Dag will compose and play music in Do The Calimero (Lies Pauwels, LOD).